The Careers and Employability provision provides a wide range of services to both students and academic departments, from its core functions of providing careers information, advice and guidance to students and promoting employability issues within the college. These are delivered in a variety of ways, including the provision of a career counselling centre, individual careers advice and guidance, a career planning programme of talks, (some of which are delivered in college), the organisation of fairs and events and the delivery of subject specific talks, presentations and workshops in individual departments. From an institutional perspective, perhaps the most important factor is the desire to help our students succeed in an increasingly competitive labour market.
Job Opportunities at Essex International College
To sustain our growth we need high-calibre academics, teachers, researchers and support staff to work full-time or part-time on our different campuses all over United Kingdom. Please see our current vacancies at Essex International College listed below.
Job Title: HND Business Lecturer
Reports to: Principal
Remuneration: £15 to £20 per hour (depending on experience)
Working hours: From 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (6 hours per day with one hour lunch), between one and four days a week, Monday to Friday starting in September 2013 during term time only.
Candidate must -
1. Have a minimum of two or more years’ experience teaching the EDEXCEL HND in Business level 5 programme (or equivalent).
2. Have the ability to teach a range of units within the HND Business Level 5 programme (especially managing financial resources and research project units).
3. Have both experience teaching and assessing such units.
4. Have experience in providing differentiated teaching and supporting learners from a variety of academic backgrounds.
5. Have good communication (written and verbal) and I.T. skills.
6. Have a higher education teaching qualification (preferably a PGCE or DTTLS teaching qualification).
7. Hold a minimum subject matter qualification of at least a UK (or equivalent) Master’s degree in Business or Management (e.g. MBA).
8. Be flexible and willing to travel to different to campuses within London.
Please send an updated copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org